17 March 2010

speaking of answered prayer...

So Anna Caye and I started praying for opportunities to make a few friends in our age range...and the Lord hath provided! One idea we had was to ask all of our male professors (who are close to our age) if their wives would want to hang out with us. (PS-not a great many things more humbling than asking "Would you be my friend?" somewhere other than the playground!)

Well, it turns out upon asking Bárbara (Anderson's wife) if she'd like to hang out sometime, I received an invitation to go to her families farm for the weekend! Which, I of course, did! It was a great time of bonding and of course, practicing portuguese! (always, always!)
Here is the ricketiest of bridges in Brazil, I'm sure! It extends right over this waterfall!
Which gave me the chance to bring up my new favorite Psalm (42:7) about
God's love washing over me like a cachoeira (waterfall).


Now, with this scenery stretching before me on all sides, it may seem that I'm on the set of Lost; but no! I'm only on an aventura with Bárbara's dad, uncle, and husband looking for monkeys. (commonly known as a snipe hunt, I'm pretty sure).
Ahhhhh my fearless leaders in the exploration of the Brazilian natural forest! Yes, the uncle up front is toting a pumpkin to show me that it tastes better in Brazil. Funny story--when trying to figure out what fruit he was talking about, Anderson described it as "the melon of halloween"! Oh yes! It is the pumpkin you speak of!
One of MANY discoveries! I really can't remember the name of this coconut like plant,
but they sure did rip it right off the tree to show me how heavy it is!

-Pray for my new friends as they continue to search out truth
-Also, pray for me, I've been a little stomach virus-y since this week--no fun in 100 degree weather!
-Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. awesome! I love how you brought up the 'waterfall' verse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pumpakin? sewiusly pompom!

    loved the update! love the adventure! love God's faithfulness! praying for you everyday. love ya like a sister. i mean, lylas. rats. i'm so bad at this texting lingo...

    ReplyDelete