28 June 2010

my first visitor!

speaking of needing friends...last week katie used her vacation time to spend a week in (freezing) florianópolis! it was so great to have family here with me, even for just a few days! it was my first chance to try to explore some of floripa, which, fortunately was a success! we had so much fun-and i'm so grateful for her! it was a hassle to get the visa and flight and everything she needed to come here with little notice! God has been faithful to give me great friends in my life and i'm confident He'll deliver, here, too!



it was a little too windy on this hill to get a clear shot!



this is a really cool monastery...which runs like normal, but even allows visitors and weekend retreats and stuff. it might be fun to stay there for a day or two...but only for a little while...



i would love to tell you the name of this particular beach, but i can't remember. pretty, though, isn't it?



downtown floripa, aren't the colorful buildings neat?!

4 comments:

  1. Sarah!!! Your McPherson friend from the states here! I have been having some tough times the past month or so, and I really, really feel called to leave this place (Rome, GA) for a while. I saw something you posted on Facebook recently, and I honestly think it would be AMAZING to visit you for a month or so down in Brasil. I had actually thought about it as a "whim" sort of thing, and then my mother surprised me by mentioning the same thing when I took her out for coffee tonight. Anyways, just thought I'd share that with you! I just browsed at airline tickets, and I do not understand how they are able to charge such ludicrous prices without invoking riots.
    Pete McPherson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you're wearing the shirt i sent you :) i heart you muy much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, and I just checked your page again to find out a spelled your name incorrectly. Sorry, Sara lol
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE you! SO glad I got to visit!

    ReplyDelete