27 February 2010

oh yeah...i live here

you know how somedays you just want the things you want? even if you're not typically the spoiled type...everyone wants the exact meal they're craving or to do just what they want to do on a random saturday, sometimes. today is that day. this afternoon i planned to wander around downtown and get better at navigating this (not all that huge, yet confusing) city. well after 10 or so minutes at the bus stop in the pouring rain, annacaye and i decided maybe it was more of a movie in english kind of day. we went home.

much later after a nap we set out again to find something for dinner (and the ever coveted coke zero) except it's raining-again. alas.

two disclaimers:
life is FAR from hard, here in brazil! it may not be super convenient, but it is more or less great!
AND i'm really not spoiled, just some days i want what i want!

2 comments:

  1. i understand. sometimes I just want a fountain drink. Yes I can get coke and ice, but I want a fountain drink from 7/11. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your comments about wanting what you want! Its so good to hear of your getting along so well there in Brazil. I have your blog in my favorites now so I can check in periodically. I pray for you every Wed.
    Kent

    ReplyDelete