05 June 2010

simple errands are rarely simple

This morning dawned bright and warm, which was a welcome contrast to the more or less constant rain we've been having for the past few weeks and I was thrilled to have a whole day to lazily do what I wanted!

After a cup of coffee or 3 I had the bright idea to break in my new bike with a quick trip to the grocery store...it seemed pretty close. See the j-man who was here before graciously left the combination bike lock he used, so 'Nelly' (as in whoa) my hot pink ride would now be safe while I went inside stores.

Well, it turns out that I'm not as smart as I think I am or maybe I used up all the available brainpower for that time of the morning trying to choose a type of juice...because I forgot the combination. I remembered the 4 #s...just obviously in the wrong order. After 30 minutes or so I started walking home to re-get the # from my email. AN HOUR LATER on my way home again I pondered how this could have panned out differently if I were in Jackson...

-well I probably would have called someone to check my email for me
-or I would have called someone to give me a ride home
-or maybe I would have driven to the grocery store like a normal 27 year old

Well that is just the reality these days! God is great at providing just enough irritation to keep life laughable! I mean I love the way my life works here, even though nothing about is what I would have called normal just last year!

Boa Noite!

No comments:

Post a Comment