07 July 2010

whats happening

Several things are going on at the CADI (the community type center in the favela where I work, in case you're feeling a little behind)

My actual work there is starting to pick up which has been a real encouragement! I've renovated my objectives a little bit to focus more on the spiritual aspect of things and the possibilities are exciting! At the end of July, 'Clube da Biblia' (Bible Club) will be starting for third graders. The plan is to walk through all the stories in the Bible (in portuguese...pray for me!) Today we began the (not so tiny) job of preparing a multifunctional, but just for kids room.

This is phase 1 of the 'Sala das Brinquedos' (Toy Room)



Cleaning went so much faster with my little helper, Katelin!



Now, in other news...the nursery/kindergarden in Frei Damião has a couple hundred little ones they take care of and educate every day. One of the biggest benefits for the kids in this nursery are three meals a day, which they likely wouldn't get at home. This past week someone broke into their school and stole most of the month's allotment of food, so the kids have been eating noodle soup for lunch and dinner! The Chenk's (the family who pretty much runs the CADI) found out today and are working to gather funds to replenish their food supply for the rest of July. I normally play outside with the 3-5 year olds and I'm hoping to start having a bible story time with them once a week-so I'm hurt over these precious little friends being hungry!



Please pray for the people of Frei Damião and CADI's efforts to help them find salvation!

Let me know if you're looking for a way to help out from where you are!

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog the other day... consider your work prayed for.

    Also, an interesting tidbit for you. So, the Brazilian Baptist mission board has people in my country, and guess where the newest couple is from.

    Florianopolis.. I bet you guys know some of the same people.

    ReplyDelete